Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hair Color Removal?

I dyed my hair dark brown about a month and a half ago and I'd like to go back to something closer to my natural light brown. Has anyone tried to remove haircolor at home before? Are there any products that are better than others? I read up on Loreal Effersol Haircolor Remover and if anyone has had any experiences with that, please share them because right now that's looking like a decent option. Last, I think I should mention that a salon is not really an option for me because I'm on a budget. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!



Hair Color Removal?

While I have not personally used Effersol, I have heard and read about people who have. It is VERY harsh on your hair. I think it also removes more than simply the dye but also strips some (if not most), of your natural color as well. This would mean that you would need to color it AGAIN with a shade that resembles your natural hair color. Dying it twice AND using Effersol all in such a short time, may do serious damage to your hair. I actually read about someone who resorting to shaving all their hair off and simply starting 'from scratch' , so to speak, in order to deal with the damage the dyes and color strippers had done. Perhaps you could simply talk with a hair professional and get some suggestions , or wash your hair often with very astringent shampoos (and condition it A LOT), in order to help the color to fade quicker. Good luck. Oh, and I should add that this is what I did when I was stuck with a hair color I didn't like. Eventually it faded enough that I could dye it with a temporary shade similar to my own color (safer for the hair), until it all grew out and could be natural again. Of course it wasn't as light as my natural color until the dyed part all grew out, but it wasn't as dark as the oringinal dyed color either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan