Friday, June 18, 2010

What is the best brand/type of hair bleach to use at home?

I'm bleaching my hair from black (pleaaaase I know this is something damaging that I should be going to a professional for and I know it will turn my hair orangey red) and I want to know the best brand to use. I've used Loreal Blondissima and Feria Extra Bleach Blonde and both work fairly well at lifting, but I'm wondering if there's a better relatively inexpensive one to use?



What is the best brand/type of hair bleach to use at home?

Your best bet is to visit Sally Beauty Supply and purchase salon quality brands that will be so much better for your hair.



I highly recommend Clairol Professional Instant Whip. It's a liquid lightener that is gentle on your hair. Intstant Whip is safe for use on your scalp. It will cost you under $6 to buy Instant Whip and 20 volume developer at Sally.



http://www.sallybeauty.com



What is the best brand/type of hair bleach to use at home?

I've tried them all, and I've done it using very cheap CVS brands, and expensive brands. The BEST you can do is stay with Clairol (alot of salons stick with their formulas) and make sure it's an ASH based bleach, yes there are such things, it's not all one shade. The ASH will keep the hair from bleaching out and turning red and brassy.



Make sure after the bleach solution is mixed that it has a blue or purpleish tone to it.



CLAIROL. Also DO NOT pour the entire contents of the bag and the solution together in the bottle. Try mixing it in a bowl of some kind with a spoon, and only put like 1/3rd of the contents in the bowl, ( i see this frequently), and try the bleach. Therefore if you mess up, you can re do it, after your hair dries.



For an added effect, after your hair is bleached to your desired shade, Use a dye a few shades darker, permanent color, try to get something that has an irridescence to it, like medium blonde or light blonde, so your hair takes a little bit of color in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan