Friday, June 18, 2010

Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

I am using loreal colour shots (i think thats what they're called., the colour is "spice" or something.



I love it, the tone is perfect for my skin and very bold, although, it never stays this bold.



ive tried colour shampoos but they don't do the trick.



i was considering topping up my colour with those extreme tempory colours you can get in alternative shops. You know, the bright ones in tubs, but would they actually work? never used them before.



Natural hair colour is light-ish brunette.



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

Manic Panic and the other extreme temp colors work but they are temporary. Try Art Etc shampoo, those seem to work the best. When I was red I used it all the time and it helped my color last longer.



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

Watch out for manic panic colors, I was into that in high school, and you may end up with Crayon red hair



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

Have you tried the John Frieda colour range, I use the brilliant brunette products and they are fab! Made so much difference to my hair and my colour stays in and always looks nice and shiny!



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

red has the smallest particles and it is the hardest to keep, i would just color protect or color more often. and if you are talking about manic panic, yes it works!



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

Wash ONCE A WEEK. I know, it may be hard, but you have to. Or get a dry shampoo and use it whenever, just wear a cap in the shower. When you wash, wash with cold water, and just condition. Shampoo only when necessary. As long as you don't use too much product it should be fine.



Also, I like your idea, so top it off with the extremes (you can find them anywhere really, not just alternative shops) and put the left over in your shampoo. Use heat protective products if you go out in the sun or use heat styling, etc. Red is the hardest to keep. I know. Mines usually fades in one wash. But now, I use unnatural, cherry reds, so it doesn't fade to brown, at least. Good luck. Red hair is so awesome.



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

red hair is very hard to keep very bold , you can buy shampoo's that will help you.



Keep your hair healthy by eating proteins , your hair will be shinier .



They use to have amazing red dyes for hair but they were bad for your health so they had to take it off the market , now the only thing you can count on is red shampoo's that will help you with the duration of your color , but reds are reds and they will always wash out faster



Good luck



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

red hair fades easy when heat is applied like when you straiten your hair or blow dry



you can stop this by



1 try not to wash your hair as much when you first die your hair



2when you wash use colour shampoos for red hair



3 don't leave your conditioner on to long as colour hair is porous and this can remove colour pigments



4 after washing your hair rinse you hair with cold water and after you die it to as this help seal in the colour



5 let your hair start to dry naturally so you don't need to blow dry it as much



plus your hair wont start to take shape until it is 70% dry anyway



6 also visit your salon services as they can give you products that can Lock the colour in to your hair



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

next time you dye your hair get a aurburn color dye and the color you use in your head also and mix just about 5 drops of aurburn hair color to the 1 you use shake it up real good then your color should stay and if you get in the pool right after dying your hair that might be what is messing it up cause of the clorine so youll have to stay out of the pool for like 3 weeks that if you get in the pool after dying your hair so i hope this helps you in some kind of way



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

The best thing you can do to keep hair color vibrant is COLD WATER! The less hot water that touches your hair, the better. Even if you don't use COLD, even tepid water is better on your hair color than hot. Also, professional products designed for color are a good bet, I wouldn't trust a drugstore color product. Try redken color extend.



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

Back to Basics line has a shampoo called blue...its a color locking shampoo by adding a bit of blue each time you wash...try this...they sell this product in most salons..usually at the mall



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

what i done is (not on porpose) but put brown mascara (my hair is brown) in my hair, washed it after 2 hours then my hair stayed a bit too shiny in the corner where i putted it. so i think you should try it too!



especialy try the one in boots



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

the only decent way to keep it a bold colour would be to use a toner ,bought from any chemist or at a sallys store



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

Wash your hair in warmish water and not hot the colour will last longer.



Dyed red hair, how do I keep it bold?

DO NOT USE PANTENE ON YOUR HAIR IT WILL STRIP THE COLOUR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan